Barca vs. PSG game; two German fans stabbed

Controlling fans reaction after every defeat has ever been a big problem for ground security personnel, and even if they do their job, there is no guarantee visitors would return home safe if their side has defeated the hosts. Last Champions League match between German club PSG and Spanish giant Barcelona at Camp Nou was one such game that eventually won by the host side and reportedly two German fans were stabbed after the game when they were heading to their home. Both the victims were immediately taken to the nearby hospital where one was discharged after first aid while second one is still under medical supervision and as per his attending doctors his condition is serious but not life threatening. According to the local police, both were injured in different incidents that happened on difference places: while first was attacked by two unidentified personnel wearing balaclavas, second one was also found wounded soon after.

This is the second of its kind incident in Spain as last week a Deportivo La Coruna fan was also killed during the violence among two rival groups before the La Liga game between Atletico Madrid and Depor at Vicente Calderon stadium. After second similar incident within seven days, Mossos d’Esquadra police is under pressure to find out the culprits hence they had to issue a statement informing what could have actually happened, it said, “The first incident occurred around 11 at night in the vicinity of Camp Nou. A French citizen who left the game was approached on Felipe de Paz street by two individuals, in dark clothes and balaclavas, and was stabbed. The victim, who was accompanied by other PSG supporters, had to be transferred to a hospital, where he remains.

“A little later on and near to the site of the first, there was another similar incident on L’Avinguda Madrid de Barcelona. Three young people who had also come to watch the game were assaulted by several individuals. One victim suffered a stab wound and had to be transferred to hospital, from where he has already been discharged. The police are working to determine the exact circumstances of the facts and to detain those responsible.”

It would take few days to find out who actually did that, in the meantime, police has also ensured that no such incident would happen again hence no one should fear and miss any upcoming domestic or European game.